Robin Foret, The Foret Law Firm
Member news, Community News, Human Resources | March 18, 2020
Looking for Outside General Counsel for transactional, corporate and contract work or Employment, Human Resources, Training and Conflict Resolution Services? Look no further than our FACC Member, Robin Foret of The Foret Law Firm!
Robin has over 25 years of experience in assisting clients find cost effective and common-sense solutions to various legal issues. Robin’s practice focuses on transactional and business law, employment law and human resources, litigation and regulatory compliance. She represents clients in a variety of employment, business and commercial matters in state and federal court and before administrative agencies.
Robin has acted as the outside Human Resources Counsel for mid-sized Texas based businesses and has routinely advised clients on HR matters on a daily basis as part of the services that she offers to those clients. She has also assists startups by providing primers on employment law compliance, and design risk management plans to avoid employment-related regulatory problems for larger, more established entities. Finally, she designs and conducts training seminars for management level employees as part of those risk management plans and best practices for hiring, firing, disciplining and avoiding discriminatory complaints.
For the past 10 years, Robin have also acted as outside General Counsel to a couple of companies, which included reviewing and drafting contracts, reviewing leases, handling copyright and trade secret matters, negotiating settlements, developing safety and emergency response plans, handling agency and litigation disputes, working with insurance law and ensuring regulatory compliance with federal and state laws.
English (native speaker); French (proficient)
Robin’s Outside General Counsel Services:
- Review and evaluation of all company contracts, leases and other agreements.
- Handle day-to-day inquiries regarding federal, state and local regulatory compliance.
- Assist in negotiating agreements with vendors and outside providers.
- Handle collections matters and file legal actions to collect debts as needed.
- Assist in negotiating settlements and payment arrangements when disputes arise internally or externally.
- Keep track of new legal developments as applicable to the company’s needs.
- Handle miscellaneous legal-related tasks as needed by the company.
Robin’s Human Resources Advice and Training:
- Advice on day-to-day human resources matters.
- Human resources training for managers, including interviewing, hiring, firing and discipline.
- I-9 Form authorization and compliance evaluation and training.
- Wages, commissions, bonuses and compensation matters.
- Training seminars for managers to build a better workplace environment.
- Risk management assessment in the workplace.
- How to properly hire, discipline and terminate employees.
- Workplace Investigations.
- OSHA Compliance.
- Worker’s Compensation compliance.
- Developing and maintaining an Emergency Response Plan.
Contact Robin: firstname.lastname@example.org