Job Board |
Dallas International School provides a multi-lingual, well-rounded education for its students. We pride ourselves on our small classes, the strength of our faculty, the diversity of our student body, and the cultural exchange that happens on our two campuses. Dallas International School is a great place to learn and work!
The French Teacher will provide instruction in the French Language to students in a private school environment. The candidate selected for this position will also prepare course objectives and outlines for the course of study following curriculum guidelines using the books and supplemental material provided.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
- Actively engaging their students in learning and will be prepared to explain and present material, while creating a student-centered classroom where students can discover knowledge themselves.
- Employing the latest technology, while not relying solely on it, and instructing the students in a like manner.
- Conducting classes and scholarly work with integrity, and modeling exceptional character for students.
- Maintaining order in the classroom, and demanding/ inspiring a positive environment to promote learning.
- Modeling intellectual curiosity and maintaining open-mindedness about cultures different from their own.
- Executing diligence in keeping attendance, preparing grade records per school rules, and evaluating classwork and assessments regularly in a fair and equitable manner.
- Developing academic relationships with students in order to counsel them as needed, and proactively discussing pupils’ academic and behavioral attitudes and achievement with parents.
- Seeking out connections with colleagues in order to grow and develop, as well as sharing their talents.
- Being actively involved in the Dallas International School community.
Bachelor’s Degree in French, Education with an emphasis in French or related field is required. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in the English and French Language, and valid teaching certification required. Teaching certificate can be substituted by a Masters in French or Education with an emphasis in French. Three (3) years of teaching in the assigned subject matter at the related grade levels OR the equivalent education and experience is required. Candidates should demonstrate flexibility in experience and teaching style compatible with a private school environment. Must be computer literate and possess the ability to use education related software and databases.
Five (5) years of teaching related subject matter at the related grade levels. Familiarity with new educational technology such as interactive boards and multimedia instruments.
If qualified and interested, please send a copy of your resume to Human.Resources@dallasinternationalschool.org.
© 2018 FACC DALLAS